Maintaining The Children’s Wood and North Kelvin Meadow relies heavily on volunteering. This is Our Land, Your Land, and All of Our Land, and to make it the best place it can be we need your input. Our aim is to make the space, and the activities on it, sustainable and to do this we need YOU. We hope to facilitate and create opportunities for the community to get involved in a way that meets their hopes and needs and ambitions for the space. We encourage you to get in touch with us to say how you would like to get involved. There are many ways to volunteer at the Children’s Wood and North Kelvin Meadow, if you don’t see something below that interests you, but you still want to be part of our community, then get in touch and we can work out how you can be involved in another way.
- Help to organise and lead sessions for schools and the wider community
- Get involved with growing and maintaining the land
- Home baking to help us raise funds
- Sign up to a 10k or other event and raise money for the Children’s Wood
- Help us with publicity, signage or with the day to day activities
- Start an outdoor group like Tai Chi or Drawing
- Join the committee
- Got an idea for the land or an activity? Bring it to us and we can talk through how it could happen.