If you would like to donate to the Children’s Wood Project your money will go towards our Sustainable Futures Project.
The Sustainable Futures Project has enabled The Children’s Wood to formalise many of its day-to-day operations and provide essential support to coordinate activities and engage with schools and the local community. The funding, from a number of sources including a chunk being donations from the local community. The Robinson Trust, Royal Bank of Scotland and others has allowed us to invest in longer term plans and provide two part-time workers (10 hours per week each). This represents a step change in the capability and sustainability of the activities provided by our group, in particular for schools and local community.
With your financial help towards our Sustainable Futures Programme, we fully expect to be able to maintain and sustain a beautiful wild green space for the local community long into the future.
Your donation will go towards
- Land maintenance for The Children’s Wood and North Kelvin Meadow
- Promoting outdoor learning and play within our community; resources and support for our schools session, playgroups, clubs and community events.
- Supporting growing, gardening and composting on the land
- Training for volunteers, teachers and community members
- Staffing of the Children’s Wood and materials